Vegetarian & Vegan
Ingredients: 1 x 420g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 x 420g can of baby beetroot, drained 1 tbsp fresh chives
Juice from half a fresh large lemon
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional) Pinch of salt
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process on high until blended together and smooth.
Serve and Enjoy!
1. Be sure to keep your portion to the low FODMAP serving size of ¼ cup or less.
2. The optional poppy seeds are a great way to add some extra fibre, iron and plant-based diversity to this dip.
3. Serve this dip with some tasty wholegrain crackers and/or vegetables sticks.
Carrot, cucumber and red capsicum are some FODMAP free options to help prevent FODMAP stacking.
4. This dip is also great to use in sandwiches in the place of butter or margarine.
5. If you can't find cans exactly the same size cans for the chickpeas and baby beetroot, just get the closest size. You want roughly the same quantity of each.